Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinner

Tonight I treated my relatives out to a dinner at Ngoc Lan Restaurant on Ly Thuong Kiet Street. There was my Ong 2, Ba 1, Di Oanh, Di Suong, her husband, and our party, minus Co Ha. What I learned is that it's very hard to refuse gifts from my relatives, despite all methods of pleading, begging, and explaining that the limit per check-in luggage is 50 pounds max without a penalty. Di Oanh had my name put on a sign at the front of the restaurant, and she gave me a basket of fresh flowers for the event. Ong 2 gave a long lecture about the importance of families reuniting and keeping in touch. He is definitely my grandfather's brother, no doubt.


One of the interesting dishes we ordered include prawns sauteed in salt and onions, presented on an impressive plate near a glass of dry ice.


After the very big meal and several family members clambering for my attention, I must admit to being glad that the night came to an end.

No comments: