Sunday, February 21, 2010

Appliances and Furniture

We're still hard at work getting the new house ready. Here's Tung lining the pantry shelves with his super high-tech tool:


Our front door now boasts extra security measures such as two deadbolts. Because I grew up in the Eastside, and you can never be too careful.


And here's the cute little peephole Tung installed for me:



In the past few weeks, we got our appliance and furniture delivered. Tung made me pose with our new washer and dryer set. . .



. . . so I made him pose with his brand new lawnmower. See how thrilled he is to go from pampered townhouse dweller to actually having to take care of his own lawn.


We got two sofa sets on President's Day. One is for our front, formal dining/living room: almond-colored leather with mahogany wood accents. I know, we need a coffee table. But for now, the empty box that our garbage can came in would suffice.



Here are views of the sofa and loveseat, with shipping styrofoam still intact on the legs.




Our other sofa set is ivory-colored recliners for our family room, where we can kick back and watch TV.


Here are the front views of the sofa and loveseat:




The family room set is a 3-piece, including a rocking recliner that I hauled to my study/office. Er, I mean, "our" study/office.



We also got our Frigidaire stainless-steel refrigerator delivered.

Today, Tung ran a copper water line from under the sink to the fridge. Hooray for finally having a source for food preservation, and for water and ice availability!



Side-note cuteness honorable mention: my bag holder that's supposed to match with the eventual all-stainless-steel appliances of my kitchen.


Now we've got to wait for good weather to get our roof replaced. The inside of the house, at least, is starting to feel a lot more like home.

No comments: