Thursday, January 11, 2018

Angel Baby


Please never leave me
Blue and alone
If you ever go
I'm sure you'll come back home

Because I love you
I love you, I do
Angel baby
My angel baby


--“Angel Baby,” Rosie & the Originals

Tung told me of a dream he had one night. He was in a deep slumber after having tossed and turned, unable to sleep from the weight of the grief over losing Thi. And then he felt a light tapping on his arm. He thought I was trying to wake him but only saw me deeply asleep myself when he opened his eyes to peek. No sooner had he fallen asleep again than he felt a more persistent shove. It was then when he woke up and looked for Luc, who in a particularly fitful night had thrashed his way to the foot of our bed and slept at the very edge. Panicked, Tung carried him back to the safe zone between us. The next morning, Tung asked if I had seen or remembered anything he described, but I assured him I was deeply asleep in my weariness.

People speak all the time of angels; it gives them a sense of comfort that those they love are still with them in a sense, guarding over them. Perhaps our angel baby Thi was looking out for her big brother that night.

No comments: