Saturday, June 6, 2015

TTC: CHART 13 (10/13/14-11/12/14)



Vitex causes me to spot and spot. I decide to stop taking it as it’s not helping with ovulation, anyway. Temping becomes an integral part of every morning; I start having nightmares over taking my temperature, only to find that I have not yet taken it in real life. I dream of the thermometer melting in my mouth before I can record the temperature, not hearing the thermometer beep no matter how long it’s been in my mouth, or squinting and not being able to read the thermometer before it runs out of batteries. Often, I would lay there, eyes closed as if mimicking sleep so that I won't "mess up" my temp reading, and count the beeps. 

TTC becomes such a part of my life that I’d have baby dreams. We are still in the hospital, and I have a little girl. When they show her to my husband and me, she is gorgeous! So perfect. Even cuter than the baby next to her (I’d even have new-mother, prejudiced tunnel vision in my dreams). And my husband is so happy to hold her. Then I’d wake, empty and sad, hoping and longing. When I do manage to ovulate, I don’t quite fully believe it, like it’s a trick, a lie. If I allow myself to be happy over my body functioning correctly, my temperatures would plummet, and my dreams would be dashed.

My husband finishes school, so we head to Puerto Vallarta as a treat to celebrate his graduation and for making through a long year of TTC. It turns out to be such a fun vacation, so full of awesome.



We book an all-inclusive package and top-notched hotel service. I let loose and drink. I take advantage of that crazy-big swimming pool, snazzy spa, fine dining, and even make it out to town to interact with locals and eat authentic Mexican food. We book an excursion to Las Caletas Island, about an hour's ride away by catamaran, where we do stand-up paddleboarding, snorkel, swim in jewel-colored waters, lounge on hammocks with coconut drinks, and interact with a variety of native animals. I hold a macaw, hawk, monkey, and boa constrictor! The locals are all very dear and lovely. On the plane ride home, I am right next to this couple with a 14-month-old. Usually, kids annoy me on airplanes, but I have a lot of fun helping this one's parents distract him and soothe him when he starts getting fussy. I show him some video clips of my dog from my phone and joke with the parents, "That's MY baby!" The lady sitting next to my husband jokes, "Looks like the baby made friends with your wife. You're in trouble." Oh, if only she knows the half of it! 

 


No comments: