Monday, May 18, 2015

Month of May Photo Challenge. Day 18: The Road

Piedmont Road leading up to Ed Levin dog park, Odin's weekend stomping grounds. Mustard abounds on the hillside, especially after the rain.
We bought our house in 2009 after years of struggling and losing out on bids. Purchasing a home in the Silicon Valley is a trial by fire. I fell in love with my current neighborhood, a house tucked at the foot of the hill, one part suburban and the other part wild hillside with plenty of deer, turkeys, horses, and cows to see.

The streets on which you have lived leave indelible impressions on your memory, from the ones you grew up on, the ones you lived on temporarily, and the ones you decide to stake out for your own house. Every time my car hugs this road, especially after having been away for a while, I feel that I am coming home.


No comments: