Friday, May 8, 2015

Month of May Photo Challenge. Day 8: Editing Day Challenge

Took this shot in The M&M Store along the Vegas strip. Editing apps used:

  • iPhone: Cropping.
  • InstaCollage: Side-by-side Before/After collage.
  • Color Effects: B/W + Color photo highlights.
  • Font Candy: Caption fonts on individual Before/After photos.
  • Perfect 365: Adding makeup, facial contour, blemish correction, skin softening (some photo resolution lost with this app cuz I'm too cheap to buy the paid version for this editing challenge).
Fun fact: My mom thinks getting my freckles removed will solve all my beauty problems. Freckles are never cute or endearing--they are considered blemishes. Moles especially can be bearers of bad omens, depending on their location. In Vietnamese superstition, they suggest a vice of excess: a mole near your mouth means you are fond of your food and eat a lot. A mole near your eye means you are destined for a life of woe as you will cry a lot. I used to have a mole below my right eye. You can see it in my childhood photos. Though I never asked him to, my dad took me to a cosmetologist to get it removed. Somehow, I don't think photo editing software for blemish removal would've cut it with my folks. I've had a relatively happy life so far. Thanks, Dad?




No comments: