Friday, May 22, 2015

Month of May Photo Challenge. Day 22: A Stranger

Strangers at the townhouse complex built next to my company. In the evening, they like to come out with their dogs to play in the little park area and spend time socializing.

To take breaks from work, I'd often take walks along the small streets of the complex, enjoying the landscaped gardens and serenity of being away from the busy swish of cars along the main streets.
Sometimes in the afternoons, I'd run into mothers on a stroll with their infants. I'd smell delicious, homemade lunches wafting from the open windows. I'd see lone figures in quiet contemplation on one of the outdoor benches. I'd wonder which of these strangers lives in which of the quaint houses I pass by on my walk. As the Journey song goes:

"Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching
In the night
Streetlight people
Livin' just to find emotion
Hidin' somewhere in the night..."

No comments: